RM 72-01 AUTOMATIC
AUTOMATIC WINDING LIFESTYLE FLYBACK CHRONOGRAPH
Time can be controlled and ordered according to aspirations. A reflection of the soul, the act of creation is born from a powerful desire for renewal and an exploration of places hitherto unknown.
Maintaining the rhythm, creating a singularly personal tempo, that is Richard Mille, the ultimate virtuoso of movement, reinventing itself with each new creation, performing its own choreography, and never dancing to that of another.
The RM 72-01 Lifestyle Automatic Chronograph now sees the light of day. Whilst adopting all the design codes of its time, it also embodies and synthesises the know-how accumulated by Richard Mille over the last 20 years. Singular, yet timeless, and equipped with the brand’s first in-house chronograph featuring a patented design, it provides perfect harmony, weaving together tradition and modernity.
AT THE HEART OF CREATIVITY
Singular, yet timeless, and equipped with the brand’s first in-house chronograph, the RM 72-01 Lifestyle automatic chronograph provides perfect harmony, weaving together tradition and modernity.
IN-HOUSE CALIBRE CRMC1
Skeletonised automatic winding movement with hours, minutes, seconds at 6 o’clock, date, split-seconds chronograph with 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock, 12-hour counter at 9 o’clock, function selector, rapid winding and variable-geometry rotor.
The separation of the chronograph function from that of daily timekeeping in no way impedes the base movement’s operation when the chronograph is running.
BASEPLATE AND BRIDGES MADE OF GRADE 5 TITANIUM
The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges were subjected to intensive and complete validation tests to optimise their resistance capacities.
FLYBACK CHRONOGRAPH WITH OSCILLATING PINIONS (PATENTED MECHANISM)
The rockers are activated by a 6-column wheel whose construction optimises the simultaneity of actions and the proper latching of functions, whilst ensuring the longevity of the settings.
This invention constitutes a major advancement in the calculation of times. Less sensitive to disturbance and less voluminous than standard mechanisms, the disassociation of the chronograph function from daily time measurement means that the rate of the base movement is entirely unaffected when the chronograph is activated.
FREE-SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA
The regulator index is eliminated and a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible, thanks to 4 small, adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
Thickness: 6.05 mm
Number of jewels: 39
Balance wheel: CuBe, 4 arms, 4 setting weights, moment of inertia 7.5 mg•cm2 , angle of lift 50°
Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
Balance spring: AK3
Shock protection: INCABLOC 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
The design and execution of the watch demonstrate a holistic approach to conception of the movement, case and dial. As a result, everything has been constructed according to extremely rigorous specifications. For example, a casing ring is no longer used, and the movement is mounted on chassis mounting rubbers (ISO SW) fixed by titanium screws. This shows the emphasis placed on uncompromising high quality.
The tripartite case is water resistant to 30 metres, ensured by three Nitrile O-ring seals. It is assembled using 20 grade 5 titanium spline screws and abrasion-resistant washers in 316L stainless steel.
The push buttons have standardised resistance, meaning they always require exactly the same pressure to activate. This trigger pressure has been carefully determined down to the nearest gram, for a precise and gentle release.
The push buttons are coupled with a double-ratchet levers which balances the pressure and creates an audible click.
• Microblasted milled sections
• Microblasted and hand-polished sinks for the bridges
• Electroplasma treatment for the baseplate and the bridges
• Hand-polished chamfered edges
• Hand-polished sinks
• Diamond-polished angles
• Circular-finished faces
• Rhodium plating (before cutting the teeth)
- By using a rotor in platinum with ceramic ball bearings in combination with a One Way reserver system, the barrel can be optimally wound whilst keeping its size compact.
This type of barrel provides the following advantages:
- The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance.
- Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
- The entire going train of the watch, the primary transmitter of power throughout the movement, utilities a special profile for the teeth of the wheels, ensuring a 20º pressure angle. This system equalises any discrepancies that might arise among the centres of the wheels, for instance due to thermal changes and normal use, and promotes the smooth transmission of torque to the balance wheel, thus supporting excellent chronometric results.
If you find a lower qualified price* for the same product and terms at any point before your purchase is made or up to 24 hours after making your purchase through one of the official Auction2u sale channels, we will honor the lower price.